Friday, August 20, 2010

Orly Plastix Matte/Satin Finish Collection Summer 2010


Another collection I'm just not feeling the love for... can't wait for the rest of the fall and winter collections to bring us some sparkle!

Old School Orange. Light/medium orange creme with a semi-matte finish.

Purple Pleather. Does not look this blue in real life, but it's a blue-based purple creme with semi-matte finish.

Retro Red. Light coral red creme with semi-matte finish.


Viridian Vinyl. Medium teal creme with semi-matte finish. A bit darker and greener in real life, somewhat similar to Sally Hansen Fairy Teal.

The formula on these was good. Thick, which is normal for mattes, but not terribly difficult to apply. Drying time is fast, which is also normal for mattes. The only problem I had was some bubbling because of the thickness of the polish and it's more obvious because there's not shimmer to hide it.

I know a lot of people liked these, but I'm not really understanding the point of these. From the press release I thought they'd be a new type of finish with the look of plastic, either totally matte like on some electronics or very glossy and glassy looking like hard plastic. But these? They're half-assed matte. I personally can not stand that rubbery, sorta shiny but sorta dull half matte (or satin) finish. To me it looks like I've been wearing a matte polish for a week already... I want my mattes to be matte! Cause they end up looking like this after a day or so anyway. That and there's nothing terribly special about these colors. I mean, they're good colors, but honestly it's nothing you can't do with a regular polish and a matte topcoat. Purple Pleather looks kinda like China Glaze Grape Pop, Viridian Vinyl looks like Sally Hansen Fairy Teal, Old School Orange looks like OPI Flit a Bit and I'm sure Retro Red looks like something but I can't think of a light red at the moment.

So.... yeah... that's my thoughts on these. I just don't get it. No offense intended if you love these, I just think there's nothing unique about them!

Luckily the Cosmic FX collection made up for Plastix's lack of awesomeness. I'll get to posting that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...