Friday, August 27, 2010

Chanel Rouge Noir with Revlon Slipper

I was having kind of a crappy day so I decided I wanted to wear a fancy color to cheer myself up... Somehow fancy in my mind always equals vampy, so I picked out Chanel Rouge Noir (aka Vamp, but the creme version.)

I had just finished applying my topcoat when my hand kinda spazzed out and hit the bottle of Seche and put a huge gouge in the polish on my index finger! ARGH! It was still wet enough that it evened out a little, but it was still really obvious. I didn't feel like re-doing one nail (because that's a pain!) and I wasn't quite as fond of the mani as I'd hoped I would be, so, of course, I covered everything with glitter!

Glitter makes everything better.

A couple different angles to show the sparkle. The glitter is Revlon Slipper, from the fall collection. I only grabbed the glitters from the collection because the creme bases were pretty basic looking. These glitters are amazing, though. So sparkly. And it's square glitter, too! I love square glitter! Slipper is a combination of silver and red square glitter and some silver hologram hexagon shaped glitter. This is one coat over two coats of Rouge Noir and topped with Nubar Diamont topcoat.

Haven't played around much with the other Revlon glitters, though. They're super pretty but I just never think to layer when I'm doing manis lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...