Friday, August 27, 2010

It's growing on me... Fourth and Fifth tries with The Falsies Mascara

I've been forgetting to take pictures of my makeup every day! I wanted to show the process of this mascara evolving from 'suck' to 'pretty good.' I used it again yesterday and you know what? I actually kinda liked it. It was chunky-textured but much better! It's weird how each time I use this it gets less clumpy and adds more volume. Weird. Here's #4 and #5.


This was:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
MAC Sugarshot on lid
L'Oreal HIP Platinum silver side, just a tiny hint dabbed on middle of lids
MAC Bell-Bottom Blue in crease
MAC Blue Storm in crease and lower lashline
MAC Copper Sparkle pigment applied wet as liner
Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express Mascara

Another attempt to use more blue eyeshadow. I was afraid this was going to turn out really frosty-80's-tacky blue eyeshadow but it ended up looking kinda beachy and ghostly... kinda sheer and shimmery with a whisper of color... very unusual for me and quite outside my comfort zone. I did like it, though... Maybe blue is becoming more comfortable for me...

And see how the mascara looks less like insect legs and more like eyelashes now? Definitely getting better the more the tube dries out...

Except this time it clumped my lashes together more! I did comb them, but you can only comb so much before it takes off too much mascara and you have to start over!

This was:
MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
Evil Shades Heartless Queen on lid
Evil Shades Devil's Bonfire in crease and on upper and lower lashline
Don't remember what I used for highlight
Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express Mascara

I'm in love with Evil Shades Heartless Queen. It's a bright red matte with a little bit of subtle silver sparkle thrown in... The sparkles are on the larger side so they're not the main focus of the shadow- it looks like a matte red with silver accents. I like it very much. And Devil's Bonfire is SUPER black. I've been looking for a blacker-black and this one is really, really black. And not just black, but black with holo glitter. Sadly, I couldn't get the holo glitter to stay on my eye, I'll have to use it differently next time to keep the glitter in there...


So... what do you think? Should I still chuck it? It's getting less clumpy and chunky every time I use it so maybe I should hold out another week or so. It's still no Cover Girl Lash Blast, but... it has a gimmick and I wanted to try it! And I'm always looking for new beauty products to try. Plus, the tube is purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...